Cyrus-IMAPD 2.3.8 and Exim 4.66: Verify-Recipient-Problem

Carsten Mathaes info at mathaes-photo.de
Fri Mar 30 05:06:34 EST 2007

Hi,

I now, this is a problem of configuring exim, but I think, the changed
was in Cyrus (please correct me, if I am wrong):

With Cyrus-IMAPD 2.2.X I had this in my exim.conf and it worked all the
days (from http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/CyrusImap):

# Accept valid (and reject invalid) envelope recipient adresses in cyrus
domains

accept domains          = +cyrus_domains
        endpass
        message         = ${if match{$acl_verify_message}\
                          {\N(?m)^\d{3} (\d\.\d\.\d .{0,120})\Z\N} \
                          {IMAP said: $1}{Recipient unknown/invalid}}
        verify          = recipient/callout=random,5s

Now on my new server I changed to Cyrus-IMAPD 2.3.8 and the recipient
cannot by verified in this way.
Delivery to Cyrus-IMAPD over lmtp (without the last line) works.
Changing the time to more than 5s did not solve the problem.

Because I do not want to accept mail from the internet and then have
them on my server because they cannot be delivered I want to ask, if
there was a change (maybe in the answer of Cyrus) and how I have to
change this line in my exim.conf.

Thanks!

Carsten.