POP3 to CyrusIMAP migration howto ?

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dkirhlarov at oilspace.com
Wed Mar 28 03:14:18 EST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 12:10:39PM +0530, BipinDas wrote:

> >>I would like to migrate my existing POP3 inboxs to newly created Cyrus
> >>IMAP mailbox. Is anybody gone across  this requirement.
> >>Please give me a right solution.
> >>Thanks in advance.
> >
> Sir,
> I do have more than 10,000 mailboxes. May be a stupid question,but i
> have to found an
> answer.

I write yesterday. You need mailsync from
http://mailsync.sourceforge.net/
This software present in FreeBSD port collection. I think, you can
also find rpm for Linux.

Just several steps needed:
1. create cyrus mailboxes (this can be scripted with perl or python.
Possible, other languages also have cyrus libraries).
2. write simple config for mailsync.
3. run mailsync with cyrus proxy user account for import mail.
4. switch off your old mail server.

WBR
Dmitriy