Sieve 2.2 'Notify' with Cyrus 2.2.13 (FreeBSD) does not seem to work

David van Geyn lists at xs.vangeyn.net
Wed Mar 28 14:17:26 EST 2007

Hi all,

I am having a problem with Sieve. A user of mine has complained that they are
having problems setting up a Sieve filtering rule that notifies and e-mail
address.

For example, Notify <e-mail address> for ALL messages does not work. In fact,
Notify does not ever seem to work. I have been trying all kinds of combinations
to see if it can work, but I never have Sieve successfully notify me.

Rejection, forwarding and all other type of sieve filters work without problem.
This is the only one that does not work (Notify).

I am running Cyrus 2.2.13, Sieve 2.2 with Sendmail 8.13.8 on FreeBSD
5.5-STABLE.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David van Geyn