autocreate broken in 2.3?

Greg A. Woods woods-cyrus at weird.com
Mon Mar 19 19:35:39 EST 2007

At Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:11:45 -0400,
Ken Murchison wrote:

> Brian Dial wrote:
> > oh, duh.  i thhought they were part of the core by now.  thanks!
>
> They will be integrated once they support all possible configurations of :
>
> unixhierarchysep, virtdomains, and Murder

I personally have never had any problem with using any variant of
autocreate, including my own original form back in the 1.5 days, and
unixhierarchysep together, at least not so far.....

However maybe if the autocreate patches were integrated into the
development branch then there would be more incentive for bleeding-edge
users of those various features to fix whatever problems they encounter.

Furthermore if they were integrated with #ifdefs then they could be
considered experimental compile-time features, and once they made it
into a proper release in that form then those who wanted to used them
with other conflicting standard features might have more incentive to
fix whatever problems there are.

I personally don't care if autocreate ever works with virtdomains
either -- virtdomains can never be of any use to me.  :-)

Autocreate on the other hand has always been impossible to live without.

Unfortunately with the current broken and impossible to use branching
policy in the official CVS repository it is very VERY difficult to keep
local patches in sync with the development branch _and_ to pull those
changes onto any releases without copious amounts of otherwise
unnecessary effort.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>