per-user quotas

Philippe Trolliet p.trolliet at novatec-gmbh.de
Wed Mar 14 05:12:03 EST 2007

Andrew Morgan wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Philippe Trolliet wrote:
>
>> you are my hero. ;) thank you. finally i´m able to test it on thursday.
>>
>> but it seems that cyrus knows in some way which quota the specific user
>> has. is it possible that cyrus communicates with postfix and asks
>> postfix about the quota of the recipient?
>> i´ve set autocreatequota to 40 MB and in postfix i´ve set the quota for
>> the test-account to 10MB. i send some mail with big attachments to this
>> test account. the mailbox of the user has a size of something over 10MB
>> now and doesn´t accept any mail. the messages aren´t delivered and
>> deferred now. so i think there is a way cyrus talks to postfix about
>> per-user quotas.
>
> I don't know what setting a quota in postfix does...  You can view the
> quota in Cyrus by running cyradm and executing the command "lq
> user.<username>".
>
>     Andy

i have these settings in postfix:

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
virtual_create_maildirsize = yes
virtual_mailbox_extended = yes
virtual_mailbox_limit_maps =
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_limit_override = yes
virtual_maildir_limit_message = Sorry, the user's maildir has overdrawn
his diskspace quota, please try again later.
virtual_overquota_bounce = yes

/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf:

user = <user>
password = <pw>
hosts = localhost
dbname = postfixadmin
query = SELECT quota FROM mailbox WHERE username='%s'

in my cyrus config i have autocreatequota enabled with 40 MB.
with postfixadmin i´ve set the user quota for my test account to 10MB
and seems that cyrus knows in some way about this quota. but i don´t
know how and why.

regards
philippe