Cyrus 2.2.10: autocreatequota?

Bernd Nies listuser at adnovum.ch
Fri Mar 9 06:35:51 EST 2007

Hi,

We're running Cyrus IMAP 2.2.10 on Solaris and want to introduce quota.
In imapd.conf I have:

   # Quota 600 MB
   autocreatequota: 600000
   lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 0
   quotawarn: 90

Seems the autocreatequota does not work. When I create a mailbox with
cyradm and send a message to it, the mailbox quota is not listed with
the Cyrus quota command.

How can one set a default quota for all existing user accounts? The
cyradm command

   setquota user 600000

caused the imapd's to crash and leave core files in the user
directories. Had a lot of trouble to get it working again. Setting quota
per user mailbox with

   setquota user/bernd 600000

works fine and also warnings as popups in Thunderbird.

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,
Bernd