restoration of mailboxes

Sebastian Reitenbach itlistuser at rapideye.de
Wed Mar 7 05:18:27 EST 2007

Hi list,

I have to restore a users mailbox with some subfolders. Because of a crash of
the client, maybe the half of the inbox, and maybe subfolders are gone. The
mails are gone in random order, so I have no clue which of these many mails
are gone.

Is it save, when I restore the NNN. files from backup, and run a
reconstruct -r user.mailboxname.

Is this safe to do this while cyrusd is running, or do I have to stop it?
Are the flags, e.g. read, flagged, ... of all the mails in the mailbox
affected by running reconstruct, or only the ones that are new from the
backup?

kind regards
Sebastian