single instance store and replication

Jerome Nenert jerome.nenert at paris-sorbonne.fr
Tue Mar 6 09:09:49 EST 2007

>> I'm using Cyrus replication. After several tests, it seems that the
>> single instance store facility is not replicated. I mean, the same
>> message sent to several recipient is stored once on the master, but
>> stored several times on the slave. Is there a special thing to do to
>> activate single instance store replication or it just doesn't exist yet?
>
> Message UUIDs are used to replicate the single instance store (see
> docs/text/install-replication). This won't have much effect when you first
> replicate a mailstore as sync_server in 2.3 only tracks the last few
> thousand messages that have been uploaded. It becomes much more effective
> when a replica has been seeded and you switch to "rolling" replication.

Do i have to put the provide_uuid in imap & lmtp services both in master
and replica cyrus.conf or only in the master cyrus.conf ? Does the
sync_machineid has to be set in the imapd.conf of the replica ?

When you set up a replica for the first time with a master already in
service, do u have to first manually synchronize the mailboxes and only
after set the rolling replication ? Is there a way to reinitialize
"rolling" replication on the master ?