Slow lmtpd

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Fri Mar 2 20:19:26 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 17:07 -0800, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> I doubt this is the problem you are seeing.  It sounds to me like you may
> be hitting the limits of your storage system.  I would be fascinated to
> see the output of the command "iostat -x sdb 5" (where 'sdb' is the device
> you have cyrus on) on your system.  Even if you aren't saturating your
> Gigabit Ethernet link to the ATA-over-Ethernet storage, you may be
> exceeding the number I/O operations per second.

Here are the numbers, but I don't think they'll mean much now, since the
current load is pretty low. I'll have more significative numbers on
monday, probably.

Device:    rrqm/s wrqm/s   r/s   w/s  rsec/s  wsec/s    rkB/s    wkB/s
avgrq-sz avgqu-sz   await  svctm  %util
etherd/e0.0
             0.00   0.00  1.82 37.17   17.78  354.34     8.89   177.17
9.54     0.00   48.15  48.15 187.74

Andre