single instance store and replication

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 1 09:57:23 EST 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Jerome Nenert wrote:

> I'm using Cyrus replication. After several tests, it seems that the
> single instance store facility is not replicated. I mean, the same
> message sent to several recipient is stored once on the master, but
> stored several times on the slave. Is there a special thing to do to
> activate single instance store replication or it just doesn't exist yet?

Message UUIDs are used to replicate the single instance store (see
docs/text/install-replication). This won't have much effect when you first
replicate a mailstore as sync_server in 2.3 only tracks the last few
thousand messages that have been uploaded. It becomes much more effective
when a replica has been seeded and you switch to "rolling" replication.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.