expunging deleted messages?

mikee mikee at mikee.ath.cx
Thu Jun 28 11:15:32 EDT 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Dmitriy Kirhlarov might have said:

> mikee wrote:
> > Reading the man page for cyr_expire it seems like this command
> > is designed to expunge messages that are deleted over -E DAYS
>
> -X DAYS
>
> > ago. I have a folder in my cyrus-imapd account that I have
> > a few thousands of messages that do not seem to go away (each
> > morning I look at the oldest message, and the old message
> > does not go away).
>
> Is this messages are deleted?
> Possible, you need
>
> ipurge -f -d DAYS
>
> > I do have a job for cyr_expire in the /etc/cyrus.conf file.
>
> Please, show your string.

In my $HOST:/etc/cyrus.conf I have:

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression,
  # Sieve or NNTP
  delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3 -X 0" at=0400

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

So each morning at 4:00 AM local time the cyrus expire
should run. My concern is ipurge removing *too many*
messages, etc.

Mike