Mailbox list corruption

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Wed Jun 27 15:56:42 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 10:15:08AM -0700, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> I'm running Cyrus 2.2.13 in a murder configuration.  My entire Cyrus
> directory (spool and config) in on an ext3 partition with the following
> mount options:
>
> /dev/sdb1 on /private type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
>
> You shouldn't have any trouble with the "noatime" option (it gives a good
> performance boost).  data=writeback gives higher performance, but may
> allow corruption of files if you experience a system crash.  If you didn't
> have a system crash or unclean umount of the filesystem, then I am at a
> loss for why you would experience corruption.

There /were/ unclean umounts, which probably corrupted the lists in the
first place. I'm also at a loss for why it takes so long to do
ctl_mboxlist and friends with the given options - without them, it takes
only a couple of minutes. As does the mupdate slave synchronization
thereafter (I'm using the unified config with 2.3.8, invoca.ch rpm).

--Janne
--
Janne Peltonen <janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi>