cyrus 2.3.8, internal dates not stored in message file time ?

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 11:42:51 EDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:

> I have noticed that copying messages from one folder to another one does
> keep messages internal dates but does not set message files write time
> in the destination folder, as 2.2.12 does.

mailbox_copyfile() hasn't changed between 2.2.12 and 2.3.8.

If source and target mailbox are on the same partition then the message
should be copied using link(): both hard links share a single timestamp.
Otherwise Cyrus has to create a new file and copy the data by hand.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.