problems with quota warning script

Rafael Mahecha mahecha at jsums.edu
Wed Jun 20 19:20:11 EDT 2007

I'm running these:
centos 5
Linux students.jsums.edu 2.6.18-8.1.4.el5 #1 SMP Thu May 17 03:16:52 EDT
2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-1.1.el5
sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5

I have sucessfully configured and ran the quota warnings script (
quotacheck.pl
Written by Mark Borrie, ITS, University of Otago
Dunedin, New Zealand
mark at gandalf.otago.ac.nz
Version : March 1 1999.
)

The script has worked ok in centos 4 and previous versions of cyrus and
sendmail, however in a newly deployed server (with above mentioned
specs)  the script does not work... I think there is a problem with the
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver.

The scipt is supposed to invoke the cyrus deliver command to deposit a
message even when the user's quota is at or above 100%... the problem is
that deliver works only if the quota is not 100%and no -q flag is set.

any ideas?
I don't see any errors in the logs and other than that, users get their
email as usual...

the script runs as root, but su - cyrus to run deliver....

please help..

Thanks