Basic configuration

Sam Przyswa samp at arial-concept.com
Fri Jul 27 10:36:29 EDT 2007

Simon Matter a écrit :
>> Michael Menge a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> here may be a Point.
>>>
>>> 1.) If u use "cyradm -u cyrus localhost"
>>> cyradm will ask you for the password of the user cyrus.
>>> With you config you can change the password with "passwd cyrus"
>>>
>> I exactly do that but with the right password I got:
>>
>> Login failed: generic failure at /usr/lib/perl5/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line
>> 119
>> cyradm: cannot authenticate to server as cyrus
>>

> Maybe you want to try:
> cyradm --user cyrus --auth login localhost
>

>>> 2.) for IMAP/POP login to succsed the user must have an INBOX,
>>> so you must first login as cyrus and create the INBOX with
>>> cm user.przyswa
>>>
>> By setting a new user with "sasl_pwcheck_method: alwaystrue" I created
>> an user with "cyradm cm przyswa" who creates ...cyrus/mail/p/przyswa dir
>> wich cyrus.cache cyrus.header cyrus.index

>>> I had no such problems with cyrus

After lot of unsuccessfully try, I re-installed the cyrus-common package
and now I can log with cyradm and the Webmin module work fine too !

I transfered my ~/Maildir on my test-machine with maildir2cyrus and then
I can connect in PLAIN with saslauthd on my IMAP account :-)

Thanks to all of you to spend your time to help me.

For now the test-machine was crashed I don't know why, but Cyrus work, I
have now to test/configure Sieve.

Thanks again.

Sam.

--
Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
suspect n'a été trouvé.