Emergancy..... db4: PANIC: fatal region error

eMail Lists emlists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:43:50 EDT 2007

On 7/27/07, Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch> wrote:

> > Very nice.. Thank you.  It looks like my deliver.db is still a db(x)
> file.
> > Can the files in db/ just be erased and when cyrus starts up it creats
> new
> > files or do the __db* files ned to be converted.  I am not sure how to
> > tell
> > if those are db(x) or skiplist.
>
> That's something I don't know exactly. I think there are files created by
> BDB and skiplist in the db/ dir.
> At least the deliver.db you should be able so simply remove it an it will
> be created on startup again. But make sure you configure it as skiplist
> before, if you want that.
>
> Simon

OK,  I have cyrus up and running but I can not get into the user accounts
yet... I am not to sure how to move the user directories from the
u/a/user/xxx to the /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/xxxxx.  I have set the proper
parm in /etc/imap.conf and also used Debian's cyrus-makedirs but I was
hoping it would move the user mailboxes.  Do I need to do that by hand or
does the system do it .. it is the equiv to the 'makedir', something like
that.

The reason is because I am getting
cyrus/imap[13131]: IOERROR: opening
/var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/xxx/cyrus.header: No such file or directory

The user dir is not at the location yet.

-Adam