Basic configuration

Sam Przyswa samp at arial-concept.com
Thu Jul 26 14:14:49 EDT 2007

Jorey Bump a écrit :
> Todd Lyons wrote:
>

>> Jesus, just run 'passwd cyradm' and set it to whatever the heck you
>> want.
>>

> He needs to set a password for the user(s) in the admins list in
> imapd.conf.
>
> The imapd.conf he supplied includes this:
>
>   # Uncomment the following and add the space-separated users who
>   # have admin rights for all services.
>   #admins: cyrus
>
> Since the line is still commented out, it would appear he has specified
> no admins. He should uncomment this line, then set a password for the
> cyrus user:
>
>   passwd cyrus
>
> That's assuming the cyrus user exists, and is intended for cyrus
> administration on his system.

I do that and cyradm --user cyrus localhost give me:

IMAP Password:
              Login failed: generic failure at
/usr/lib/perl5/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 119
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server as cyrus

> He should also view the man page for imapd.conf:
>
>   man imapd.conf

Since 1990 I know this command and use it...

> and pay close attention to the admins entry under FIELD DESCRIPTIONS,
> which, on my version (2.3.x) says:
>
>   admins: <empty string>
>     The  list  of  userids with administrative rights.  Separate
>     each userid with a space.  Sites using Kerberos authentication
>     may use separate "admin" instances.

I read this too with my "man".

>     Note that accounts used by users should not be administrators.
>     Administrative accounts should not receive mail.  That is, if
>     user "jbRo" is a user reading  mail, he  should not also be in
>     the admins line.  Some problems may occur otherwise, most
>     notably the ability of administrators to create top-level
>     mailboxes visible to users, but not writable by users.

Can you justify wy an user who receive mails can't admin Cyrus ???

Cyrus seems to be alien-imap app for me...

Sam.

--
Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
suspect n'a été trouvé.