Method to drop unknown user messages to black hole

Anthony Tibbs anthony-list at tibbs.ca
Sat Jul 14 01:20:06 EDT 2007

Hi Bob,

Perhaps I am missing something here, but with my Postfix setup (which is based on two instances of Postfix + amavisd-new + Cyrus), messages are checked against a user database at the outer postfix, and rejected during the SMTP connection for invalid recipients, before lmtp/etc. even sees it.  For me, this requires that user logins/authentication be handled through a MySQL database, but is this an option for you?

It avoids almost all of the backscatter issues... though may not be the best setup for everyone.

Take care,
Anthony