optimization for delivery to multiple recipients

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 08:29:00 EDT 2007

Yes !

But singleinstancestore is already on by default.

My problem was about postfix making individual deliveries to follow
rules specified in aliases database or .forward ... . I stopped that
by replacing

mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/kolab/var/kolab/lmtp
by
local_transport = lmtp:unix:/kolab/var/kolab/lmtp

but I have to thing about the consequences.

Alain

On 7/7/07, Andy Fiddaman <cyrus at fiddaman.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Alain Spineux wrote:
>
> ; Hi
> ;
> ; When I make a copy of an email, (using imap command "copy") I can see that
> ; cyrus just created a new link on the file system.
> ;
> ; But when delivering the same mail to multiple user, cyrus create
> ; multiple identical copy
> ; of the mail, why ?
>
> If you put this in your imapd.conf, Cyrus should create hard links for
> messages delivered to multiple recipients.
>
> singleinstancestore: true

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you