Permission denied with creating mailboxes

FORMER 03 | Baltasar Cevc baltasar.cevc at former03.de
Sat Jul 7 06:56:38 EDT 2007

Hi Manfred,

On 07.07.2007, at 11:41, Manfred Rebentisch wrote:

> Hello,
> I use debian etch with cyrus 2.2 and sasl2.
>
> cyradm --user cyrus --server localhost
> IMAP Password:
>               localhost>
> localhost>
> localhost> cm users.testusr
> createmailbox: Permission denied
>

> I cannot find out, why this happens. There are no log messages, no
> information
> about the reasons. It should be nice to get reasons from the
> program...
>
> I do check the ownership of files (/etc/sasldb2, /var/lib/cyrus/*, /
> imap/*)
> and so on.
>
> I think, the user "cyrus" has not the right to create mailboxes.
> But I don't
> know, how to set this right.
What's your admin setting in imapd.conf? Is the cyrus user listed there?
If not, you should add it - cyrus is the default for the admin username,
but you may use anything you like. If you change the setting, you may
not
do admin jobs using the "cyrus" user.
If you don't have an "admin" or "admins" (I don't know the exact name of
the option - please refer to the documentation for that), you should try
to add it to your config.

Baltasar

--
Baltasar Cevc