Referrals again

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Mon Jul 2 08:57:36 EDT 2007

Hi!

I seem to be having trouble with the newest version of pine (4.64) and
fcc's and referrals.

I've implemented a crude load-balancing to my unified cyrus cluster
using DNS and multiple A records for the public name of the service.
Everything works perfectly, even with pine, except when I try to send
mail somewhere and file an fcc to my murder. Now, even if I have the
common hostname (posti.mappi.helsinki.fi) written to the fcc folder
line, pine gets referred to the actual backend address
(i07.mappi.helsinki.fi), whose certificate has an 'invalid' common name
(posti.mappi.helsinki.fi, as it should)...

I searched the list archive and the latest I found was this:

 http://www.irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0608/0317.html

It contains the old patch to add an option to turn referrals off. I see
no other way out of this situation (since I don't want to change my
unified config to a traditional one, which obviously wouldn't have this
problem, even with multiple front ends).

Does anyone else? And would there be any situation where I'd actually
need the referrals?

--Janne
--
Janne Peltonen <janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi>