correct wrong entries in mailboxes.db ?

peter pilsl pilsl at goldfisch.at
Sun Jan 28 16:37:22 EST 2007

I manually deleted the whole content of spool/user/SOMEUSER  to get rid of all
the mails and subboxes in it.
Big Mistake.

Cause cyrus still knows about all the subboxes that this user was supposed to
have. How do I tell cyrus that there are no subboxes anymore.

I already tried to delete the mailboxes with cyradm, but I get a System I/O-Error.

I was thinking about reconstruct -m, but this would reconstruct the
mailboxes-file for all user on the system, which I'm afraid of (its a
productional system I cant shut down) and would take long time, cause there are
many users with many mailboxes.

would ctl_mboxlist -d, manually editing and then loading with ctl_mboxlist -u do
what I want? Again, I fear to ruin something when doing such a critical step.

thnx,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl - goldfisch.at