seive question for cyrus 2.2.12

Alexandros Vellis avel at noc.uoa.gr
Tue Jan 16 05:05:52 EST 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:22:54 -0800
Eric Smith <eric at techsoft3d.com> wrote:

> I am not able to run the following sieve rules successfully on cyrus
> 2.2.12. It is created by alievsieve a plugin to squirrelmail.

> A vacation script:
(snip)

> A reject with reason:
(snip)

> Looking over the changes from 2.2.12 to 2.3.X I noticed that there
> are some new sieve enhancements. In particular this,
>
> The $text$ variable for Sieve notify messages is now supported.

This notify variable has to do with the notification action
which is not used in your scripts above.

> Am I right in thinking that 2.2.X will not run this but 2.3.X will?

No. Reject and vacation are pretty much the same in 2.2 and 2.3.

If these are the only things that do not work in your scripts, then
I suspect that something is wrong with your mailer setup in Cyrus.
Search in the archives for "vacation not working" or equivalent.

Alexandros

--
Alexandros Vellis
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens