Problems with renamemailbox/xfermailbox

Michael Glad glad at daimi.au.dk
Sat Jan 13 09:15:06 EST 2007

I'm having problems with moving mailboxes in a
Cyrus 2.3.7 unified murder test/evaluation setup.
I suspect that the problem is related to
unixhierarchysep being enabled.

On the host zebra01:

localhost> lm
user/glad (\HasNoChildren)

localhost> xfer user/glad zebra02
xfermailbox: Unknown/invalid partition

localhost> rename user/glad user/glad zebra02!default
renamemailbox: Unknown/invalid partition

localhost> rename user/glad user.glad zebra02!default
renamemailbox: Cross-server or cross-partition move w/rename not supported

The last command could indicate that the it's the receiving end
that signals the error and that it's the slash that's causing the problem.

Without having read the sources too carefully, the 'Unknown/invalid partition'
error may be provoked by the call to imparse_isatom in the beginning of the
do_xfer_single routine in imap/imapd.c. It returns failure if '/' is part
of the argument string.

Is there a fix for the problem or am I just doing things the wrong way?

	- Michael