Quota warnings

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Sat Jan 13 06:01:47 EST 2007

-- Anders Norrbring <lists at norrbring.se> is rumored to have mumbled on 13.
Januar 2007 09:29:50 +0100 regarding Quota warnings:

> I run a Cyrus IMAP server v2.3.7 and I've set this in imapd.conf:
>
> quotawarn: 80
> enable_quota_warnings: yes
>
> This seems to work fine with IMAP clients, but when someone use MS
> Outlook or Outlook Express and poll mail with POP3, there's no quota
> warning showing up.
>
> Is there some way to fix this? Perhaps the server generates a mail in the
> inbox for the users, so POP clients also get warned.

You'll have to write this yourself. We have a Perl script for that. It does
more than just notify users and is too specific to our setup to share.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK