Quota warnings

Anders Norrbring lists at norrbring.se
Sat Jan 13 04:41:05 EST 2007

Anders Norrbring skrev:
> Hello!
> I run a Cyrus IMAP server v2.3.7 and I've set this in imapd.conf:
>
> quotawarn: 80
> enable_quota_warnings: yes
>
> This seems to work fine with IMAP clients, but when someone use MS
> Outlook or Outlook Express and poll mail with POP3, there's no quota
> warning showing up.
>
> Is there some way to fix this? Perhaps the server generates a mail in
> the inbox for the users, so POP clients also get warned.

I just realized how stupid this looks without more background..
The server autocreates folders like INBOX.SPAM and others, and since POP
clients deosn't pull other folders than the INBOX, quotas can be
exceeded anyway. So a way to alert those clients would be great!
--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting