A script for fixing bare newlines in mailbox files?

Zachariah Mully zmully at smartbrief.com
Thu Jan 11 22:35:21 EST 2007

Andreas Winkelmann wrote:

> What do you mean with "bare newlines" in mailboxes.db?
>
> What does an Export as Textfile show?
>
> (as cyrus)
> $ ctl_mboxlist -d

Sorry, I meant the raw mailboxes used by Tbird on their own machines.
Because they were originally using Outlook, many people inadvertently
saved their mail on their local machines not on the server. We've moved
them to Tbird which does a good job of importing the local mail from
Outlook, but now we can't move the mailboxes to the server because they
contain barenewlines. So short of patching Cyrus to accept these
messages (which I'll only do as a last resort), I was wondering if
anybody had a nice little piece of perl that I could let loose on these
mailboxes to scrub the bare newlines from them.

Thanks,