rehash seems not to work

peter pilsl pilsl at goldfisch.at
Wed Jan 10 11:48:48 EST 2007

I'm currently upgrading from 2.0.16 to 2.2

To use the improved directory hashing scheme I run "rehash full".

This created the new mail-subfolder in my spool-directory and the subfolders A-Z
(uppercase) and a  stage. - folder.  Nothing more !!! No entries in none of
these subfolders. The tool takes about one second to run. I've got about 500
users on my installation and gigs of maildata.

When I now try to login to my imap-server I get the following error in the logs:

Jan 10 17:43:32 ihf2 cyrus/imap[28092]: login: server.local [192.168.0.1] peter
plaintext User logged in
Jan 10 17:43:32 ihf2 cyrus/imap[28092]: IOERROR: opening
/data/cyrus/spool/mail/p/user/peter/cyrus.header: No such file or directory

Two things hit my eye: first : imap expects a lowercase folder below mail !!
rehash gave me an uppercase.

second : imap expects another subfolder below every letter for each user. rehash
obviously did not create that.

Two questions:

first : Am I right to expect that rehash should create the
/sppol/mail/letter/username - structure and put the cyrus.headers-files there
but keep the rest in the /spool/user/username - folder?

second : is there any improved rehash-script. I found several discussion on
rehash-problems on the web, but none was clear enough to tell if I experience
the same problem and what the solution actually would be.

third (uups) : it seems that I could disable hashimapspool on my installation.
Would this propably solve my problem? and how much would it affect performance.
I really have got a lot of users and things should be going fast. 500 users in a
medium-sized office that really use their emails the whole day.

thnx,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl - goldfisch.at