Patches used at FastMail.FM

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 9 12:49:25 EST 2007

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> It's been a while since I posted our list of patches, and there have been
> a couple of changes since then.
>
> I'm generating the site from a script and a bunch of patch description files
> now, so I should be able to keep it up to date.
>

> Feel free to use any of these patches, and Ken - feel free to include
> anything that looks good into upstream!  Some of these patches are quite
> specific to our site, but many of the are more generally useful as well.

After a quick discussion with Jeff, I just committed the following
patches to CVS.  Others may follow for a later 2.3 release or rolled
into 2.4.

Disable "anyone" ACL

cyr_dbtool - utility for manipulating databases

Cyrus expire - keep going

Custom is_digit implementation

Allow plaintext auth for sync_client (not committed, but can be
accomplished with '-p' option)

Randomise connection timeout

Replication sync_client - only connect once

Replication - batch messages in a folder (batch size is controlled by
sync_batch_size option)

Replication - Check lastuid in seen database

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer