Reconstruct oddity

Geoff Pryke geoff at gold.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 12:25:23 EST 2007

Hi,

We're using Cyrus 2.2.12 on Solaris 10.

I have a problem with reconstruct.  A partition which got lost and then
restored has a number of a user's mailboxes on it.  Via Imap, many of these
mailboxes seem empty, so I used /usr/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -r user.Username
to hopefully readd the data.  However, this does not appear to work. Trying
/usr/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -r -f user.Username also does not do the
required, yet the files are on disk.  One problem that may be exacerbating
the situation is that some of this user's mailboxes are on one cyrus
partition and some on another and the partition I am working on is not the
one that mbpath returns.  But the mailboxes are definitely on that
partition as a dump of the mailboxes database indicates that they are.

So where from here ?  Is there an easy way out - maybe force all the user's
mailboxes to go onto the correct (as far as mbpath goes) partition and
reconstruct... Advice most welcome.

Thanks

Geoff