Can murder be used for IMAP server migration?

Mirosław Jaworski mjaw at ikp.pl
Thu Jan 4 08:33:51 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 07:47 -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
> >> You'll have to run the frontend + mupdate master on a separate machine.
> >
> > Unfortunately, all the clients know the IP address of the old server,
>
> They actually use the IP address instead of a DNS name?

Various broken client resolvers ruin the idea of shortening ttl of
the mail service record(s) and switching traffic by changing
it/them to another ip.

Best approach is to made the service accessible under same ip and
play with ip address(es) of the old server(s) acting as backends.

M.

--
Mirosław "Psyborg" Jaworski
GCS/IT d- s+:+ a C++$ UBI++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++(+++)$ N++ o+ K- w-- O-