.forward and newest cyrus macro

Geoff Pryke geoff at gold.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 05:06:26 EST 2007

Hi,

This question may have been asked in the past, but I haven't been able to
find it in the archives.

I have a new installation of Cyrus (V2.2.12) on a Solaris 10 box running
Sendmail 8.13.  The problem I have is that .forward files in users'
accounts are not being honoured.  The sendmail.mc file uses as was
recommended to us the cyrusv2 macro (we previously used the original cyrus
macro on our old systems which honored .forward fine).  The relevant lines
are:

define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')
define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG', `$j; $b')dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=2525, Name=MTA')dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=587, Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MSA')dnl
MAILER(`cyrusv2')
MAILER(`local')dnl
MAILER(`smtp')dnl

I read somewhere that you need to set some mailer flags to enable .forward
support, but have tried a number of permutations without success.  Can
anyone point me in the right direction please?

Regards

Geoff Pryke
Goldsmiths College UK