Problem starting cyrus imap in FC6 Was:[Re: Newbie needs help]

Tue Jan 2 17:45:19 EST 2007

Am Dienstag, 2. Januar 2007 23:01 schrieb Andreas Winkelmann:

> > > Hmm, this is a Script from FC/RH. I don't know what it does, when it
> > > tries to "import Databases".
> >
> > The FC Start/Stop scripts do as follow (only importent parts of the
> > script):
> >
> > Start:
> >
> >       $RUNUSER - cyrus -c "umask 166 ;
> > /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb_all
> >
> > > ${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log 2>&1" < /dev/null
> >
> >       RETVAL=$?
> >       if [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ]; then
> >         success $"$BASENAME importing databases"
> >       else
> >         failure $"$BASENAME error importing databases, check
> > ${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log"
> >       fi
>
> Hmm, this is english and the "check ${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log"
> is missing in the German output. I hope this is the same Version.

Carsten wrote, he use FC6. The post above is from my FC6 system, only my
system langange is english.

> cvt_cyrusdb_all is not a Cyrus-Imapd Command. I would guess, this is a
> RH/FC Extension. Check what it does. It seems to fail.

You're right. The head of the file:

# This script converts all db files of a cyrus installation from their
# existing format to the format required by the current installation.
# The format of current db files is determined using the 'file' command
# with a magic file added for skiplist db, the new format is read from
# a config file usually in /usr/share/cyrus-imapd/rpm/db.cfg, which is
# created while compiling. After converting, the db.cfg file is
# copied to a cache file usually at /var/lib/imap/rpm/db.cfg.cache to
# allow bypassing this converting script if both files are identical.
# While this is a bit less secure, it may be useful on big server where
# db converting is done automatically.
#
# This script can safely be run as root, it will reexec itself as user
# cyrus if needed.
#
# author: Simon Matter, Invoca Systems <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

This is my log for shutting down cyrus:

cvt_cyrusdb_all version: 1.2.1
db_checkpoint: checkpoint begin: Tue Jan  2 21:15:31 2007

db_checkpoint: checkpoint complete: Tue Jan  2 21:15:31 2007

Finding last valid log LSN: file: 1 offset 4023460
Recovery starting from [1][4022834]
Recovery complete at Tue Jan  2 21:15:33 2007
Maximum transaction ID 80002795 Recovery checkpoint [1][4023990]
Converting from /var/lib/imap/deliver.db (berkeley)
to /var/lib/imap/deliver.db.skiplist (skiplist)
Converting from /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db (berkeley)
to /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db.skiplist (skiplist)
removed `/var/lib/imap/db/log.0000000001'
removed `/var/lib/imap/db/__db.001'
removed `/var/lib/imap/db/__db.002'
removed `/var/lib/imap/db/__db.003'
removed `/var/lib/imap/db/__db.004'
removed `/var/lib/imap/db/__db.005'

And for starting up cyrus:
cvt_cyrusdb_all version: 1.2.1
db_checkpoint: open: No such file or directory
Converting from /var/lib/imap/deliver.db.skiplist (skiplist)
to /var/lib/imap/deliver.db (berkeley)
Converting from /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db.skiplist (skiplist)
to /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db (berkeley)

I could not imagine, why FC6 runs the script on every start up/shut down
cycle. Strange.

Uwe