Problem starting cyrus imap in FC6 Was:[Re: Newbie needs help]

Andreas Winkelmann ml at awinkelmann.de
Tue Jan 2 17:01:06 EST 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 22:34, Uwe Kiewel wrote:

> > > I ran into a problem with an postfix-mysql-cyrus installation and i
> > > don't know what to do.
> > >
> > > I used the postfix-cyrus howto to set up the server. The postfix, the
> > > saslauthd and mysql server started without any problem, but when i
> > > tried to start cyrus i got the following error message:
> > >
> > > cyrus-imapd Datenbanken importieren:
> > > [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
> > >
> > > It is a german error message and it means:
> > >
> > > import of cyrus imapd databases:         terminated
> >
> > Hmm, this is a Script from FC/RH. I don't know what it does, when it
> > tries to "import Databases".
>
> The FC Start/Stop scripts do as follow (only importent parts of the
> script):
>
> Start:
>
>       $RUNUSER - cyrus -c "umask 166 ; /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cvt_cyrusdb_all
> > ${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log 2>&1" < /dev/null
>       RETVAL=$?
>       if [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ]; then
>         success $"$BASENAME importing databases"
>       else
>         failure $"$BASENAME error importing databases, check
> ${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log"
>       fi

Hmm, this is english and the "check ${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log" is
missing in the German output. I hope this is the same Version.

cvt_cyrusdb_all is not a Cyrus-Imapd Command. I would guess, this is a RH/FC
Extension. Check what it does. It seems to fail.

And of course check the Logfile ${CONFIGDIRECTORY}/rpm/db_import.log

> Please check the log files located in /var/lib/imap/rpm

Yes.

--
	Andreas