can not run mupdate master on a unified server

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Feb 28 20:07:19 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 04:49:28PM -0600, Gary Mills wrote:
> I just ran into this error:
>
> 	can not run mupdate master on a unified server
>
> when I tried to test a Cyrus murder configuration with one unified
> server and one backend server.  Can I assume that the mupdate master
> won't run on the backend either?  Is this because of a database
> conflict?

I got around this problem by running the mupdate master under a
separate instance of Cyrus master, with its own imapd.conf file.  I
can now run `ctl_mboxlist -m' successfully on either the unified
front/back server or a backend server.  Mailboxes from both of these
appear in the mupdate master's mailboxes.db file.

However when I run either `ctl_mboxlist -d' or `cyradm' on the
unified server, they show only the mailboxes on that one server.
What's missing?  Do I also need a mupdate slave on that server?
How is mailboxes.db supposed to get updated on a unified server?