Unexpunge confuses clients

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Feb 27 16:29:00 EST 2007

Hi,

we just upgraded from 2.2.12 to 2.3.8 (once again using Simon Matter's =

fabulous RPMs, upon which it's impossible to heap too much praise) and =

playing around with the new unexpunge feature we have noticed that it =

confuses IMAP clients to no end. I suppose that's to be expected, but I =

think it warrants a warning in the man page.

How about:

"Note that it is recommended to use unexpunge only on mailboxes that aren't =

currently selected. Doing otherwise will cause strange phenomena such as =

messages appearing more than once."
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service RRZK