Cyrus not creating mailbox on createonpost

Aristotelis arisg at noc.uoa.gr
Mon Feb 26 10:57:12 EST 2007

Bipindas K wrote:
> Hi all,
> I do have a *Sendmail/Oldap/Cyrusimap* server. In this I have used
> autocreatepatch by uoa. But when I tried to create an inbox
> using "createonpost" method,it didnt work. Cyrus doesnt createmail box
> when the valid user receives an email. It was working
> fine till last evening.And previously created user can successfully
> login to their account,can send and receive mails.
> Here i am pasting the cyrusimap log.

   If it was working, and suddenly stopped, then you should have a look
what has changed since the last time that was working.
  In order for autocreate patch to work you need some configurations
options as you can see in the README:
http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/autocreate/README.autocreate-cyrus-2.3

However, you should set the debugging level to DEBUG and see the log
messages. When autocreate works then it prints something to syslog. If
it prints nothing then either autocreate is not called, (because the
inbox already exists), the patch hasn't been applied, or there is some
problem in imapd.conf.

    Aristotelis