Sudden problem with mrs_cyrus_mailertable (cant receive email on any domains) (let me know if this is off topic and needs to go on sendmail list instead)

Jesper K. Pedersen jkp at solnet.homeip.net
Thu Feb 22 06:08:12 EST 2007

Having updated my Fedora Core 5 I found myself in a difficult position

When verifying a local address "jkp at solnet.homeip.net" I get an error.

~/# sendmail -d60.5 -bv jkp at solnet.homeip.net

map_lookup(dequote, root, %0=root) => NOT FOUND (0)
map_lookup(host, solnet.homeip.net, %0=solnet.homeip.net) =>
solnet.homeip.net. (0) map_lookup(mailertable, solnet.homeip.net,
%0=solnet.homeip.net) => mrs_cyrus_mailertable:error:5.1.1:550 User
unknown (0) buildaddr: unknown mailer mrs_cyrus_mailertable

I have attached a more detailed debug output from the -bv trace.

It looks like sendmail didnt want to use the mrc_cyrus_mailertable
setup any longer.

Any ideas of how to verify / locate the problem ? ( please note that we
cannot currently receive email but I will be available on the UnderNet
IRC system with the username of "bodnak" if anyone has any ideas)