New messages stop showing up in Outlook 2000 SP3

James Miller jimm at simutronics.com
Mon Feb 12 12:56:33 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I have a user running Outlook 2000 and new messages stopped showing a few
days ago.  After running reconstruct once, two new messages showed up, but
subsequent runs have not had any affect.

I have about 50 users running a mix of various Outlooks, Thunderbird and
Eudora and none one else is having a problem. Oddly, he has multiple imap
mailbox profiles (multiple mailboxes) in his Outlook and none of the other
ones are affected.

So, I'm not sure if this is an Outlook issue or cyrus-imap issue -- I'm
leaning towards it being something wrong with that profile on Outlook since
if he switches to Tbird all of the messages show up just fine -- and I had
him create a profile on my instance of Outlook and all the messages showed
up as well.

The version of Cyrus-imap I'm running is 2.2.10.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

--Jim

James Miller - MCSE RHCE CISSP
Sr Systems & Network Administrator