Converting from berkeley to skiplist

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 09:33:27 EST 2007

I would like to change from using

mboxlist_db: berkeley

mboxlist_db: skiplist

I am reasonably confident that I should close down cyrus. Then, as the cyrus
user, run

  ctl_mboxlist -d > /tmp/mboxlist.txt

then rename /CONFDIR/mailboxes.db to mailboxes.berkely,

then edit /etc/imapd.conf to change mboxlist_db to skiplist,

then, as the cyrus user, run

  ctl_mboxlist -u < /tmp/mboxlist.txt

to generate the skiplist vesion of /CONFDIR/mailboxes.db

However, I am not sure about a couple of other things:

Presumably I should rename /CONFDIR/db.backup1 and /CONFDIR/db.backup2 so that
there is a clean start with skiplist?

What about /CONFDIR/db and the files in there?  What are they for?

I need to be VERY VERY cautious about this change because of the dire
consequences to our service if things go wrong!  Advice will be most welcome.

Phil.