Plugging into the imap system

Chris Stromsoe cbs at cts.ucla.edu
Sat Dec 22 03:16:34 EST 2007

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007, Dale Ghent wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2007, at 12:03 PM, Mike Eggleston wrote:
>
>> There is some system (on freshmeat?) that has a special folder in IMAP
>> for storing calendar events. The program uses the IMAP defined protocol
>> though.
>
> FWIW, Exchange also exposes all calendar entries (with .ics files),
> journals, to-dos, and anything else in their own folders. I find it
> handy since exchange is what I'm stuck with at my new place of
> employment :( and I "sync" to iCal on my mac by dragging the ics files
> out of the exchange Calendar folder and into iCal.
>
> Any calendaring system worth its salt should be CalDAV underneath. Then
> the world would be all shiny and pretty and stuff, or at last more so.

I was planning on trying to find some time to look at the code and read
some RFCs before I brought this up, but has anybody thought about hooking
a native CalDAV interface into Cyrus?

Admittedly, I haven't put any real thought into it so far, other than that
it would be incredibly useful.  I'm thinking a native CalDAV interface for
remote clients ("calendard"), message processing via LMTP to inject ics
attachments through a calendar extension to SIEVE, calendar data exported
via CalDAV or via imap through an alternate mailbox (calendar/username
being the default calendar / INBOX equivalent,
calendar/username/calendarname for alternate calendars).

-Chris