imapd signal 11 blues

John M. Crawford jmc-cyrus at sociology.osu.edu
Thu Dec 20 02:32:20 EST 2007

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote, On 12/19/2007 4:10 AM:

 > I'm only guessing here, but based on similar issues I had with (other)
 > libraries it's perhaps a conflict in Berkeley versions. Is it possible
 > that cyrus-imapd and cyrus-sasl were compiled/linked against different
 > versions?

Yes. That was a helpful comment. It's working better now.
I still need to see what in-place upgrade issues are
part of this, but having that consistent helped. I was hoping
I could have db3 for sasldb2 (figuring that I would otherwise
need to convert db3 sasldb2). Then using db41 for whatever imap
data structures it wanted to manage.  I don't see any
docs about converting sasldb2, but I'll look around.
I'll go to db41.

thanks for the idea to pursue that direction.

-John