Backup restore of a mailbox

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Sat Dec 15 07:31:48 EST 2007

Ken Murchison schreef:
> Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I had a shared mailbox, but it was not good protected and somebody
>> deleted it. I have a backup of the filesystem, but how can I restore the
>> mailbox?
>
> Re-CREATE the mailbox with cyradm or any IMAP client.
>
> Restore the message files into the newly created mailbox directory.  Run
> reconstruct on the mailbox.

Thanks, it did help. Point was, that the mailbox has some sub-mailboxes.
I had to copy, create and reconstruct all submailboxes one for one, they
where all on another place. E.g. the submailbox elan.bvi was on the
filesystem here: cyrus/mail/b/elan/bvi/ , so not as in normal mailboxes,
where it would be cyrus/mail/e/user/elan/bvi/ .

It was no problem to create a mailbox what allready was copied.

What about the "-m" option of reconstruct, to reconstruct the list with
mailboxes? I see in the manual "NOTE: CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE".

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/