mixing versions in murder

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Dec 10 20:55:38 EST 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> Are there any DOs or DON'Ts when mixing different versions of Cyrus in a
> traditional murder?  Specifically, I have a murder at version 2.2.13, and
> I'd like to upgrade to version 2.3.10.  Can I upgrade the frontends first?
> Do I need to upgrade all of them at once?

I proceeded assuming I could have a v2.3.10 frontend with older v2.2.13
backends.  However, I was unable to get the APPEND command to work.  With
telemetry logging enabled, I discovered that a 2.3 frontend issues the
IMAP command "Localappend" to a backend.  However, my v2.2.13 backend does
not recognize "Localappend" as a valid command (and it is not present in
the source code).

If the email client supports referrals (and I wanted to allow referrals),
then the client is referred to the correct backend, issues the "Append"
command to the backend, and all is well.

I guess I'll have to upgrade the backends first.  :(

Has anyone else done an upgrade of a Cyrus Murder from v2.2 to v2.3?  What
steps did you take?

Thanks,
 	Andy