digest-md5 password store

Guillermo Gómez guillermo.gomez at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:30:39 EST 2007

> On Dec 5, 2007 9:52 AM, Guillermo Gómez <guillermo.gomez at gmail.com> wrote:
> > afaik the digest-md5 occurs between cyrus and the imap client
> > (AUTHENTICATE command) so my doubt is about the user db and password
> > store. Is the password stored in plain text? (mysql auth like
> > http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/html/cyrus-config.html
> > )
>
> digest methods require to know the original password on both side, not
> simply a hash on one side like PLAIN or LOGIN.

Thanks,ç :)

Ive been looking on how to work cyrus imap with mysql and found two options:

cyrus pam with pam_mysql
cyrus sasl sql plugin

In the first one it look like the store can have the password encrypted MD5
The second one needs the passwords in the clear in the db

customer says they have a mysql db with md5 passwords in it.

Im still confused on how this should work, can anyone please give me
some insights on this regard

--
Ing.Guillermo Gomez S.
http://fedora.gomix.org