Replication error

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 03:48:00 EST 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Wesley Craig wrote:

> The internal Cyrus "mailbox ID" ought to be unique, but it's not.  On
> the sub folder, remove the cyrus.header file and reconstruct.  This will
> assign a new, unique mailbox ID.  Any ideal how they ended up with the
> same IDs?

Given that a user inbox is involved, my guess would be:

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.3.9
     [...]

     * Fixed the special case of RENAMEing an Inbox, so that it doesn't
       keep the same mailbox uniqueid, thus allowing it to replicate
       properly (seen state is still preserved).

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.