Replication error

Gabor Gombas gombasg at sztaki.hu
Tue Dec 4 20:09:21 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm having problems with replication. sync_client bails out, and the log
contains:

Dec  5 02:00:50 mail cyrus/sync_client[6121]: RENAME received NO response: Rename failed domain!user.foo -> domain!user.foo.bar: Operation is not supported on mailbox

Why does sync_client want to rename the user's INBOX to it's own
subfolder? And more importantly, how to fix it? It only happens for a
specific user, other users seem to be unaffected. The problem started
under 2.3.8, now I've upgraded to 2.3.10 (both master & slave) but that
did not help.

Gabor