Cyrus upgrade from 2.1.18 to 2.2.13 moved email messages

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:22:53 EST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 8:51 PM, Steinar Bang <sb at dod.no> wrote:

> Here's what I think happened.
>
> I've had this setting since upgrading from 1.5.19 to 2.1.11 in 2002:
>
> >  hashimapspool: true
>

> Ie. it's not new.
>
> So when I ran this command meant for an upgrade from 1.5.* to 2.* things
> where messed up:
>
> >     $ /usr/lib/cyrus/upgrade/rehash basic
>
> The rehash script expected a 1.5 structure to work with, and when I fed
> it a 2.1 structure, it moved the wrong directories in the wrong place.
>
> So the question is what I can do to fix it...?
>
> If I move
>  mail/u/user/s/sb /
>  mail/s/user/sb/
> would that fix things...?

Here are some idea:

mbpath: converte a mailbox name into a filesystem path

# mbpath user/alain.spineux at mydomain.loc
/kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/m/mydomain.loc/a/user/alain^spineux

now if I stop imapd and chnage the hashing config in imapd

# mbpath user/alain.spineux at mydomain.loc
/kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/mydomain.loc/user/alain^spineux

OR

you can move away all your mailboxe's spool
and use ctl_mboxlist and/or cyreconstruct to recreate the good
filesystem structure for all mailbox,
and then move everythin you have in your moved spool.

OR rename/remove one by one

Regards

> ----

Alain Spineux