sieve and vacation?

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Tue Aug 28 08:14:58 EDT 2007

I have sieve and smartsieve working and I'm pleased so far with
what's going on. I'm testing vacation by sending messages in to
my corporate email server from the outside. I currently have rules
(re-typed from my server, some rules not typed):

require "fileinto";
require "vacation";

# save the message
fileinto "INBOX.backup";

if header :contains "Subject" "test" {
  if address :contains ["to","from","cc","bcc"] "mikeegg1 at mac.com" {
    vacation :days 13 :subject "I'm testing vacation" "I'm testing, ok?!";
    keep;
  }
}

if header :contains "Subject" "*** SPAM ***" {
  fileinto "INBOX.spam"
} elsif header :contains "Subject" "*** VIRUS" {
  fileinto "INBOX.spam"
} elsif header :contains "Subject" "/usr/bin/fetchmail" {
  fileinto "INBOX.spam"
} elsif address :contains ["to","from","cc","bcc"] "hobbit@$domain.com" {
  fileinto "INBOX.hobbit"
} elsif address :contains ["to","from","cc","bcc"] "monit@$domain.com" {
  fileinto "INBOX.hobbit"
} else {
  filengo "INBOX"
}

My intent is for the message with a subject containing "test" to be
replied to by the vacation rule, then to be further processed (to simulate
my users that have extensive rules filtering messages by external
customer, etc). The bottom set of rules work, but I never receive a reply
from vacation.

See something that's stopping this from working?

Mike