tuning cyrus?

Ciprian Marius Vizitiu cvizitiu at gbif.org
Mon Aug 27 11:36:16 EDT 2007

> One user mentions that "it still takes several minutes in the
> morning to 'fetch headers'." This user has Outlook 2003 on MS
> XP as the mail client.
> I have less than 20 users using cyrus-imapd 2.3.1 on a fedora
> core 5 box with current rpms.
>
> Does anyone have any tuning hints? Some way to speed things
> for this user?
> No one else has mentioned any problems.

1. I guess you've already done a thorough test for bad
cable(s)/interface(s)/speed mismatch and like? Outlook in particular seems
picky with respect to this... what does your sisko says about that port (I
mean the workstation one)?
2. How many emails does the user have in his/her Inbox? 1000? 10.000?
40.000?